Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting payroll-related systems and data, while acting as a primary payroll backup. Also reconciles various general ledger and payroll balances, records journal entries, and performs a broad range of analytical reviews and reconciliations. While there is a primary focus on payroll related functions, there is a great deal of general accounting and systems work as well.
- Ensures proper processing, documentation, and reviews of all payroll-related data.
- Primary payroll backup for actual processing of monthly payrolls and off-cycle adjustment runs. Has regular involvement in this area.
- Reconciles and audits details from various functional systems, including payroll and general ledger.
- Plays key role in recommending and implementing systems and process changes.
- Responsible for payroll and general ledger reporting. Must be well-versed in reporting from other functional systems as well, using proprietary and non-proprietary reporting tools to provide information and solve problems.
- Acts as key problem-solver, identifying and correcting problems as well as recommending preventative solutions. Works with internal units and accounting leaders to ensure proper follow-up and problem resolution.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Key contact for independent auditors during year-end audits. Prepares schedules and provides assistance for audits of financial statements and retirement plans.
- Performs other activities as necessary.
CA, Auditors, CIA,